A good drama class activity or improv session, Face Race is good acting practice. Build up your expression repertoire, and exercise those face muscles!
The iPhone camera takes a second to snap a photo. Make sure you’re holding your pose still enough, long enough.
use your whole body
Don’t be afraid use more than just your face in a shot. Get your whole body involved, and…
If you see a nearby item that could be used in your photo, grab it! Clever use of props will often win you extra votes. For an extra challenge, pick one random household object, and have each player use it in every photo.
talk it up
During the voting round, “explain” your pose using whatever reasoning comes to mind. Convince the voters, win the points!
play with kids
If you haven’t played this with a bunch of kids yet, you really should try it. Kids can make the funniest faces, and aren’t afraid to get silly. When starting a game, turn on “Kid Mode”. The word list will be limited to items that most kids will “get” – removing items like “Ambiguous” and “Vivacious”, and using more commonly-known items like “Bored” and “Excited”.
tag your photos before you upload them
Players can be connected to their Facebook profile. Uploaded photos of that player will automatically be tagged in Facebook, which sends them a small message saying that you’ve uploaded photos of them.
To tag a player:
- Tap the “Upload Photos” button on the Face Race home screen.
- Tap the “View by Player” item.
- Tap the blue arrow next to the player icon you want to connect.
- Tap the “Connect with Facebook” button and log in using your Facebook username and password (this information is sent directly to Facebook and is not stored by our game in any way)
- Tap the Name field next to the player icon and begin typing their name. Matches from your Facebook friend list will appear below it. Tap a name in the list to connect the player.