During the game jam where Office High-Five was born, it was a lot of fun involving other developers by recording their voices saying things like “Booya!”, “Righteous!”, and “That was a fine high-five, sir.” I want to open this up to a wider group of people.
If you would like to appear in the game, send me a photo of yourself and a (short) sound recording of what you would like your character to say when they get high-fived by the player. If I like your soundbite, I’ll add it to the game with a character based on your picture!
- If you have a “real” microphone, it would be great to use it, but I’ve done a bunch with the built-in mic on my MacBook, so as long as there’s not background noise, it’ll probably be ok.
- Save it as an uncompressed AIF or WAV file.
- Most importantly: Keep it positive! Office High-Five will have a very upbeat, positive vibe. Play an early version of the game here, to get a feel for what I’m going for.
Audacity is a good free cross-platform audio tool, if you need something to record with.
Send ’em in
- sound bite
- your twitter handle (if you have one)
- preference for clothing colours (I reserve the right to change this)
- if you have something that might be “you”, like a hoodie, backpack or other item that might be able to be represented at that scale (maybe even a pet!). This may or may not make it into the game, but it’s good to know. : )
- If you have a video game character that might be a suitable addition, let me know! I might even be able to squeeze in a link to your game somewhere.
Email me here to get in touch; I’ll reply so that you can send a “real” email with attachments. Please only send one; I will only be doing one per person. I reserve the right to pick and choose which ones make it into the game. Those that get used will have their names appear on the credits screen.